Certificate of Authenticity (COA)
A certificate of authenticity is valid only if it originates from and is signed by:
- The artist who created the art
- The publisher of the art (in the case of limited editions)
- A confirmed and established dealer or agent of the
- An acknowledged expert on the artist.
Legitimate COA must contain the following piece details:
- The title
- The name of the artist and/or publisher
- The medium (painting, sculpture, digital print, etc.)
- Exact dimensions
- Detailed information pertaining to the edition’s size (unique, number x of etc.)
- Verifiable contact information and qualifications of the individual or entity authoring the certificate should also be included.